Achieving Excellence Together
The Indus Health Network’s Academic Directorate was established in 2017 with the mandate to manage:
- Indus University of Health Sciences
- Postgraduate Medical Education
- Indus College of Nursing and Midwifery
- Indus College of Allied Health
- Infection Control Program
- Other clinical and non-clinical teaching and learning activities
Indus University of Health Sciences
IUHS was chartered in 2015 under which 11 activities are undertaken including:
- Development of the Center for Health Professional Education
- Improvement and Regulation of Postgraduate Residency Programs
- Establishment of College of Physical Rehabilitation
- Capacity building of academic staff and program directors of residency
- programs and nursing faculty
- Development of e-Learning management system
- Development of certification courses for capacity building of medical and paramedical staff
Postgraduate Medical Education
The Postgraduate Medical Education program is running 17 specialty programs recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. Currently, there are 182 residents registered under various stages of training.
Indus College of Nursing and Midwifery
The Indus College of Nursing and Midwifery (ICoNM) is the oldest educational institute of IHN. Its current strength of students is 644, with 27 faculty members who are teaching various streams of courses.
A faculty office complex allows teachers to plan and execute their courses better. Simulation Lab is under development for hands-on training of the students and research opportunities for faculty. The College also comprises a fully equipped, modern computer lab and library.
Nursing Education Services
The Department of Nursing Education Services provides educational and training services to onboard nursing staff; ICoNM students; and support services staff.
Indus College of Allied Health
The college offers a two-year Diploma in
- Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine
- ICU Anesthesia
A one-year Certification Program:
- Anesthesia Technician
- OT Technician
- Pharmacy Dispenser
- Pediatric Oncology Technician
- Dialysis Technician
Infection Control Program
One-year online certification course in Infection Control is being conducted for students across Pakistan. In 2019, 70 students completed their certification. Going forward the college plans to train 500 students.
Other Clinical and Non-Clinical Teaching and Learning Activities
Non-clinical programs are also being conducted in Pharmacy, Biostatistics, and Nutrition.