CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE
It is the belief in the power of the youth, a unique platform for YOU to unleash your energies and power to shape the society we live in. You as ambassadors and Volunteers will be able to work closely with patients, becoming a part of their journey by creating awareness on health issues and fundraising for their treatment.
You will learn to be resourceful; develop leadership and problem-solving skills; and network with people from diverse backgrounds. You alone get the unique opportunity not only to help save thousands of lives but also to become active agents of change by building a healthier Pakistan from borders apart. It is your world and your time to shine, with Friends of Indus Hospital you can unleash your power to change this world!
Inspire and lead by Example. Galvanize communities through your Power, Resources and Energy.
- Start a conversation amongst your social circles about Indus Hospital & Health Network and the health catastrophe plaguing the country.
- Become on ground advocates for IHHN and champion for free and quality healthcare for all
- Create partnership opportunities with IHHN by pitching to your respective institutes.
- Round up fellow volunteers and visit the hospital/ campus to learn more
Annually Pakistanis give around Rs240 billion (more than $2 billion) to charity. As a nation we love to help people in need. The youth of Pakistan are the torch bearers of this philanthropy and have to carry on the same values that we as a nation pride on.
- Organizing bake sales (physical & online) – attach it to a cause supported by IHHN.
- Organize small carnivals within your schools/organizations to support IHHN
- Sports leagues – example; charity football matches
- Ride for a cause – round up your fellow biking enthusiasts and ride for charity.
- Mobilize your social circles and ask your loved ones to donate zakat/sadaqah to IHHN
That is the expectation of the youth for they alone have the resources and exposure to tackle the current health emergency.
- Call us to set up sessions at your institutes with doctors either online or physical
- Become the voice of Indus Hospital – Re-post & share IHHN’s posts with relevant hashtags on your timelines (Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter) to create a buzz
- Invite others to FOLLOW, LIKE, and SHARE our Instagram & Facebook pages to stay updated on our campaigns and events.
- Create colorful posters and designs that can be posted on IHHN’s social media platforms.
Explore your adventurous, entrepreneurial and creative side. Take a leap of faith and build on your ideas and execute them to create an impact on hundreds of lives.
- Hygiene kit drives – fundraising for products, packaging and distribution of kits to enlighten the masses on protecting themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19
- Convert your art into merchandise to become a part of our ‘Youth Online Shop’ which sells products made by artistic individuals, proceeds of which go towards the treatment of our patients.
- Strike partnerships with NGO’s and take it up a notch by curating sessions on hygiene, mental health, or conducting fun art activities
IHHN launches several campaigns during the year all go towards creating awareness and raising funds for patients, healthcare and healthcare workers.
- Become a part of our yearlong campaigns, staying updated through emailers, IHHN Instagram and Facebook pages
- On ground events for example, decorating wards for 14th August & Eid or helping patients in art activities.
- Fundraising and creating awareness for ongoing campaigns, sharing IHHN success stories and giving testimonials – standing in support with the hospital.
WHAT iBELIEVE OFFERS ITS VOLUNTEERS
- Signed certificates by Dr.Bari
- Letters of recommendation recognized locally & internationally
- Shields and certificates
- Applauded by Celebrity ambassadors
- Speeches by Youth Ambassadors
- Radio Talkshows
- Podcasts with international community
- Work to be featured on all IHHN SC Platforms
- Tour of the hospital
- Story telling sessions with patients
- Acclimatizing students to high pressure work environment before graduation
- Building a strong work ethic and a desire.
- Batting mental health through counselling
- Career counselling by mentors
- Overcoming trauma: Healing from past experiences